[TriLUG] Re: Cable/DSL "shared" access myth

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue May 18 16:42:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 16:32, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> [T]he fact is that the price
> is $44.95/mo. according to
> http://www.fastaccess.com/content/consumer/products.jsp .

Actually, the real price is $54.95/month. I forgot to read the fine
print and realize that the lower price is only if you subscribe to other
expensive BellSouth services:
http://www.fastaccess.com/content/consumer/popups/savings_matrix.html

> This appears
> to make it directly competitive with RoadRunner which has the same price
> and bandwidth.

This direct comparison is more difficult to make depending on the value
you put on a static IP.  Even at $54.95/mo. it's still a deal compared
to RoadRunner business class.  But remember that contract and fees.

--Jeremy