[TriLUG] Cisco IOS Simulator for Linux?

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed May 19 17:31:38 EDT 2004

Well their http://www.gambitcomm.com/site/products/vlab_cisco.shtml for
$99 will probably be more than enough for a CCNA, and it was a
borderline possibility for helping me on my CCNP.  Also a word of
warning the "Simulators" that come with some of the books that are
designed to specifically help with passing the CCNA suck (IMHO).  I
purchased one back when I got my CCNA and hated it.  It could ONLY do
the exact exercises in the books, if you wanted to go outside the strict
setups or try a command not listed in the lab (but in the book) it just
wasn't there.  They would sell you a more full featured one for a lot
more cash, and it would only run on windows.  At least Gambits seems
like it will be a lot more flexible, and you can get it for Linux.  At
worse, it's got a free evaluation period where you can try it before you
buy it.  Just my $.02.

-David