[TriLUG] SuSE 9.0 simple PPP dial-up ISP

Bob Shepherd rwshep2000 at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 08:37:21 EDT 2004

Hello all.  This is my first post.

I'm looking for a $10-15 ISP that I can use PPP for SuSE 9.0 (KDE).  I know
that Intrex provides this service, but are there any cheaper alternatives?
This is for my mom's PC; I pay for her ISP.  She is a very occasional user.
Here's what I already know:

1.  NetZero offers client software for Linspire (Lindows) (and I've seen it
adapted for Debian, which Lindows uses).  However, I can't find any
instructions (if it is possible at all) for SuSE or RedHat.

http://www.netzero.net/support/faq/fgtg04.html

2.  ATT WorldNet is configurable, but supposedly not at the $10.95 plan (to
which I currently subscribe using her Windows box).

http://www.wurd.com/instcon_linux.php

I really want to stick with SuSE too because she's used it at my house and
will accept the transition from Windows.

--Bob