[TriLUG] Mandrake 9.2 -> 10.0

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Wed May 26 00:51:02 EDT 2004

Brian Weaver said the following on 5/25/04 6:38 PM:
> Hi Guys & Gals,
>
> I've got a server that has been running Mandrake 9.2 for a while and I
> would like to update it to 10.0. The main issue is that I have it all
> partitioned the way I like it. Has anyone done a 9.2 to 10.0 conversion
> without any hicups?
>
> Actually, I guess I should ask what major/minor problems you ran into.

I've had extremely good luck using the main installation program to
upgrade recent mandrake installations.  You could also try removing
all your 9.2 urpmi sources, adding in 10.0 sources and doing:

urpmi.update -a
urpmi --auto-select

That should do the exact same thing, except that it won't upgrade
your kernel.  You'll have to do that manually.  (In contrast, the
install/upgrade program *will* update your kernel.)

Good luck,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton