[TriLUG] help with recovering ext3 filesystem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat May 29 09:37:42 EDT 2004

I had to do this about five years ago for a user. I used the tools on
Tom's Root Disk to recreate the partitions and then the FAT tables, but
we managed almost a full recovery of all the files (not much
fragmentation).

I can't remember exactly what I did... I do remember using an app that
would create the partitions non-destructively and that let me explore
them for data. In that way I zeroed in on the actual partition info. The
app might have been called "partd" or "gpart"

In anycase, try this link:
  http://www.lissot.net/partition/partition-6.html