[TriLUG] WEP and linux revisited

Pat and Lori Boyer pboyer at nc.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 00:00:16 EDT 2004

On my laptop, I run the commands (obviously not the real essid and WEP key):

iwconfig eth0 essid my_essid key abcdef1234567890abcdef1234
ifconfig eth0 up

Just use your 26-hexadecimal-digit key in place of this fake one. Make
sure you're setting the right channel, if necessary. This works for me
(I'm running Gentoo but I would expect it to work the same way on
Fedora). Good luck.

Pat