[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] And now from the get rid of Ma and PaBell for good department: how to set up your own Asterix server

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 7 11:19:51 EDT 2004

> > Jon Carnes wrote:
> >
> >> You've got your priorities right.
> >>
> >> As for installing Asterisk, that is really very easy:
> >>   http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=download
> >>

> It would be nice to talk through a simple dialplan.
> Also would be fun/useful to identify folks who would like to try talking
> Asterisk to Astersik as part of their learning curve.
> I for one do not have the $$ to buy another server, yet want to learn
> howto use IAX to interact with a remote Asterisk server.
>
> I am very grateful to those folks who contribute so much to the TriLug.
> It is wonderful to have the opprotunity to learn a valuable skills at
> little or no cost.
>

> Thanks,
> /Glen
>
> --
> Glen Ford
> gford at idiom.com

I don't have Static IP at my house, but I'm willing to play from my home
box - I'd have to share with you my current IP during your tests.

I'm very interested in playing with IAX trunking as well. I'm especially
interested in how well the trunk works while staying inside RoadRunners
cloud.

Jon Carnes