[TriLUG] Non-profit donor-management/membership/fundraising software [slightly OT?]

Brad Oaks bradoaks at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 10:39:44 EDT 2004

Jeremy Portzer wrote:

>I'm involved in a non-profit that seriously needs to computerize its
>tracking of annual memberships, donations, and embark on additional
>fundraising. For example, it should be able to know whose yearly
>memberships are expiring, and make it easy to print out reminder
>letters.  An e-mail facility would be handy, too.

The nonprofit I work most with uses a product called 'ebase'
(http://www.ebase.org/) and has been quite happy with it.  It's source
is released under a BSD license and in nearly free at $50/yr for some
additional goodies; it's free to use the main module.  It is available
for only Windows and Mac though.  I really wish they'd port it to
Linux.  I haven't tried it under Crossover.

It is based on the FileMaker database.  You don't need to buy FileMaker
to use ebase, but if you have FileMaker, then you can modify the ebase
application quite a bit.

Good luck,
--bradoaks