[TriLUG] VMWare $100 Discount for TriLUG Members

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Jun 11 10:16:56 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 10:13, Jim Wright wrote:
> Ummmm..
> I was jumping up and down at first, too...but read the fine print....
> "For a limited time, the first 1000 Linux user group members to support
> our Linux development efforts by purchasing a copy of VMware Workstation
> and then registering for this program will receive a rebate for
> $100.00."
>
> -that is the first 1000 members from all LUG's worldwide
> -you have to buy it, then register...no guarantees that you will get the
> $100 off.

Hmm.  I'm under the impression that they hadn't yet reached the 1000
members threshold yet.  I didn't realize you had to buy it first.  I'll
follow up on this with the VMWare guy.

> Jeremy...did you get your free copy?
> https://www.vmware.com/lugprex/lugPrez_login.jsp

Yes, we did get the free copy, we're going to give it out to a LUG
member but haven't yet decided how that will work.  :-)

--Jeremy