[TriLUG] knoppix 3.3 vs 3.4

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 10:46:17 EDT 2004

Knoppix 3.3 works in 3 desktops and 2 laptops that I know of.
3.4 fails in the Dell Desktop - it seems to be unhappy with the CD
drive.

Neither Knoppix is happy with the monitor at the outset and
asks for input that would be confusing to normal PC users.

Both 3.3 and 3.4 refuse to fill the screen of an Dell Inspiron 8200
laptop.

Mr. Knopper is moving in the wrong direction.  The world will judge
harshly for failure on Dell.

Given that there is a Linux Tag advertisement on the desktop I wonder
if compromises were made to meet a deadline?  Pure speculation on
my part.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.