[TriLUG] fedora cold shouldered scsi?!?!?.....

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 14 10:52:31 EDT 2004

Linux example.pcuucs.uxe.edu 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl #1 Wed Feb 18 16:38:32
EST
2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

We need scsi support (disk support) for a jaz drive and for a HP TAPE
drive Surestore DAT 40.

we are currently using the following:

scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.36

adaptec PCMCIA card on a IBM thinkpad A21m. The OS is Fedora core 1,
kernnel is  2.4.22-1.2174.nptl on i686

Fedora will not assign a drive letter nor mount this device so that it
can be used.

Do I need an upgrade of the kernel so that Fedora will recognize the
scsi devices and if so, where & how to got about this?, or is there an
alternative to this problem?

Below are two of the many links I have and still am viewing for a
resolution. I am trying to avoid doing and up grade to Fedora core 2 but
have not ruled it out. Your input is deeply appreciated, thxs.

dsandif-

http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/resources/howtos/HOWTO/Jaz-Drive-HOWTO.html

http://www.linuxvoodoo.com/resources/howtos/HOWTO/Jaz-Drive-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.3