[TriLUG] server not workin

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 06:32:40 EDT 2004

There could be lots of reasons:
 - make sure you network cards are working and have valid IP information
 - check your httpd.conf file and make sure you are binding to all
interfaces on your server
 - check your firewall rules and make sure you are allowing tcp 80
access on all interfaces
 - check your msec level and set it to something lower (like 0 for now)
and then test - raise your msec level up till it is at the point where
your services work the way you want and don't interfere with anything
you need running. (Then learn about msec and use it to secure your
machine...)

Good Luck - Jon Carnes