[TriLUG] SuSE

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Wed Jun 16 11:23:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Bob Shepherd wrote:

> Yes, I am an enthusiastic SuSE 9.0 user/convert from Win2K for my personal
> workstation.  Haven't tried 9.1 yet.  I do not have a rich Linux background
> otherwise, except building simple firewalls, etc.  All I know is I like SuSE
> 9.0 better than Windows for its overall usability.  My job is .NET web
> applications development.

Aside from performance, I really like 9.1 Professional.  Performance-wise
it is pretty slow compared to RHEL 3 or Fedora Core 2.  The installer took
FOR-EV-ARRRRR compared to many other distributions I have installed on the
same box.  Once it is there it is a nice environment to work in as a
desktop.