[TriLUG] Re: Managed languages (was .NET development on Linux)

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Thu Jun 17 10:12:23 EDT 2004

Ok, quick question, but why do you say Java isn't well supported under
Linux?  I'm just a little confused on that.  I've been using Java to
write and run programs under Linux with no problems, and with what seems
like very good support.  Between JVM/JDKs from Sun/IBM/BlackDown/Apache
Geronimo, development tools from Eclipse, SlickEdit, Apache.org and
assorted sqlDB drivers, WebServer Apps, and other items, Java seems to
be very well supported.  Could you clarify that some, I'm worried I'm
missing something.  Thanks.

-David

--
David A. Cafaro