[TriLUG] Re: Managed languages (was .NET development on Linux)

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Jun 17 10:25:45 EDT 2004

Joseph Tate wrote:
> Java, though I prefer it, is not well
> supported under Linux (unfortunately, but gjc 3.4 should change that).

Our product, which is almost entirely Java, runs quite nicely on Linux.
There are several flavors of Linux VMs available...most are free.  AFAIK,
all the big development tools, including IDEs and appservers, run on Linux.

What is not well supported under Linux????

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software