[TriLUG] Re: Managed languages (was .NET development on Linux)

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Jun 17 10:34:36 EDT 2004

Magnus Hedemark wrote:
> end up with three or four SDK's installed, starting up each of your java
> apps with a different $JAVA_HOME just to get it to work somewhat-reliably.

I suppose that could be true for apps developed by beginners.  Our
customers suffer no such problems.  Our installer does all of that
for them...including desktop icons, etc.  It looks just like any
other linux executable to them -- just run it.  Of course, we have
a fairly large program...and our users are willing to tradeoff the
disk space for ease-of-use.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software