[TriLUG] SAMBA 3.0.2 shares storing installation software

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Fri Jun 18 13:14:34 EDT 2004

I have a server running SAMBA 3.0.2 that is giving me errors when I try to
run a Windows Setup.exe from the server. The error is like this:
    "The setup.exe file cannot find \\server\share\SETUP.DLL"

I have to manually rename the files to upper case and it works fine. I've
added mangle case = yes to each share, but it doesn't seem to help. The
permissions are 775 on the share and on all files, and all users connect are
tested against the ADS. (Yes this works permissions structure works
correctly.)

Any suggestions? Am I using mangle case wrong?