[TriLUG] quickbooks vs sql-ledger TANGENT 2cents

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 14:19:51 EDT 2004

On Friday, Jun 18, 2004, at 12:09 America/Denver, Jason Tower wrote:

> ok, one more time...you DON'T design a website around a browser, you
> design it around WEB STANDARDS.  ding ding ding ding ding!  the size of
> the company is irrelevant.  the percentage of visitors who use browser
> X is irrelevant.  standards exist for a reason, and if you make a
> deliberate decision to ignore them, then you get you deserve.
>
> until your company recognizes this, you will never have me as a client,
> nor will i ever recommend you to anyone else.

well.  i'm sorry.  that's all i can say really.  but i think that it's
generally known that even "standards" get fudged.  esp. when they get
into MS's hands.  Things that *should* display correctly, and work
correctly in mozilla, don't always behave the same way in IE.  i'm no
full time programmer, but my experience with web based programming has
proven this, but i have been wrong before.

but, i didn't mean to offend you so badly and i hope that we can still
be friends :-)

-rtw