[TriLUG] SuSE newbie: dhcp only gets IP address

Stanley B. Briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Tue Jun 22 13:55:17 EDT 2004

i left out that i had tried all of the options in YaST. same results
either way.
i'm definitely getting to a dhcp server. in the two environments that i've
had this machine i've gotten proper addesses in both.

now the wierd part. i read some man pages and found where dhcpcd stores
it's information (/var/lib/dhcpcd). in there is a file that contains the
(correct) information for the network that i'm on! it gets the information
but does not update my configuration!?

stan