[TriLUG] asterisk meeting last saturday

William Schulz sws at trilug.org
Tue Jun 22 17:14:31 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 03:51:57PM -0400, John Turner wrote:

> Can I make two calls out or one call out and one in via my voicepulse
> account? Do I need two numbers to do this or just one?

I am currently working on getting Asterisk up and running, and I'm using
VoicePulse Connect to do it.  As part of my service with them, I have an
incoming number (VoIP), and I am able to receive multiple concurrent
calls into that number  which ring into the softphone I'm using.  The
softphone supports 6 lines, and I can simply switch between them as
needed.

With that setup, I can also put the incoming calls on hold, and dial out
to other numbers.

Of course, the number of concurrent calls is limited more by ones
bandwidth than by the technology.

SWS