[TriLUG] asterisk meeting last saturday

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 00:22:00 EDT 2004

Jon Carnes wrote:

> I've dealt with this issue a lot in our setup and I can tell you that
> 911 is a fscked up setup. There is only "trunk" access to the various
> sites - you can't dial a regular phone number and access a 911 center.

Jon, could you elaborate on that?  Back when I worked for Brunswick
County 911,  you could indeed access the 911 center using a regular
phone number...  those lines were nominally for "administrative"
purposes (fire departments calling to get call times, etc.) but they
rang into the consoles just like a regular 911 line, including
ANI/ALI info and everything..

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org