[TriLUG] CUPS web admin

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Wed Jun 23 12:08:17 EDT 2004

OK, OK lemme explain this better:

I cannot access the local browser on our CUPS server because the mouse
drivers are messed up. The GUI on that machine is currently unusable.
That is a separate issue, and non-critical. I suppose.

So, I am trying to access it via my XP machine from the next room. I of
course put the REAL server name in place of "servername", but I didn't
want to post that in a public forum! As much as I trust you guys, you
never know the result of putting your server names in a public place. So
let's pretend it's called "bubba".

>From my XP machine, I try to go to http://bubba:631/admin and get the
result I explained.

Sorry for the confusion! I still cannot access the web interface to
CUPS.

Perhaps working on replacing the mouse drivers is pertinent, but I'd
rather start a new thread for that problem.

Wayne