[TriLUG] Any spots in the Triangle for LAN parties?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 08:42:08 EDT 2004

--- Tom Woods <tom at familyfunnies.com> wrote:
> Here's a link to an extreme LAN Party:
> http://www.lanwar.com
>
> I like Rock's idea for a Triangle Linux LAN Party...
>  I'm not much of a
> gamer, but I'm always up for some geek fun.  I'd be
> willing to *help*
> organize it if there's any real interest.  Of
> course, maybe that's where
> Mike was going in the first place when he posted the
> original question..

Well actually my reasoning is that I have recently
moved back to the area and am wanting to get a LAN
game up with some friends.  I usually ran a LAN game
in my house once a year, but now no house, so I need a
location.

I might be up to help organize a larger one depending
on the interest, but the problem is ALWAYS a location.
 Usually people who want to play are more than willing
to bring their own stuff and anything else needed to
setup.  Right now I'm checking out the "Tek
Cafe"(http://gaming.thetek.com) in Raleigh and the
"GameFrog Cafe"(http://www.gamefrogcafe.com) in Durham
for what I'm going to do, as per Rock's suggestion.
Bad thing is they are either Windoze or console
machines - but then again no one has really pulled the
sword back out of the stone that Loki at forged for
Linux games . . .

Regards,

Mike

=====
---
Mike Shaw GPG Fingerprint =
DA27 7403 B53D 39D2 C2D6  672E 826E 7A4D D6BB 61F0
GPG Keys can be found on http://www.keyserver.net