[TriLUG] Fwd: Unix Admin Position in Raleigh, NC

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Jun 24 14:27:05 EDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Mike Shaw wrote:

> You can always move back, I did.  I had moved away in
> December of 2002 because it was the only way I could
> get a decent job.  Now I'm back.  :)

I moved away in January of 2003 for much the same reasons.

Looking at Monster.com earlier this month I was surprised to see RTP was
surpassing Philadelphia in Linux jobs by a healthy margin.

The job I got up here is one of those things that I'd be foolish to not
take, and it is a contract position so both parties get to decide every 6
months whether to renew or not.  Plus the employer has (or had?  not sure)
a presence in RTP so there are transfer possibilities as well.

The economy looks to be bouncing back pretty well.  I am getting calls and
emails from recruiters.  Even had a few positions to choose from up here
when I went looking, which is a luxury I haven't had in a few years.