[TriLUG] FC2, Dovecot, Squirrelmail = Crash

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Jun 28 07:16:29 EDT 2004

Matt Pusateri wrote:

>Is Server side sorting on or off?  While turning it off will probably slow
>things down, maybe it will save crashing apache.

Currently, it's on.  I'm not sure if business reasons will allow him to
turn it off.

>Personally I am not sure why I would want to keep 11,000 msgs let alone try to show them all at
>once. (yes I know if this is a business it may be necessary)  Maybe they
>should learn to search :)

I can't think of a reason, and really I don't think it's a requirement,
but he has plenty of users who have Sent folder and Trash folders that
they hardly know they have - and one click on them shouldn't take the
server down.  Perhaps an automated trash-cleaning solution is a simpler
fix.  I'd prefer to be able to chase down an actual reason though, at
least.  Even if it's not something I can reasonably fix myself, just for
my own peace of mind.  :)

Aaron S. Joyner