[TriLUG] DNS ( BIND 9 )

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Jun 28 08:36:46 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 07:03:41AM -0400, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> perhaps there's an error in your zone file.  You might also want to post
> what arguments named is being started with (I presume with OBSD it's
> being chrooted to /var/named/etc/named.conf, but it's better to be sure
> than presume).  You also want to make sure that your zone files are in

Actually, I'm not giving named any arguments in the rc.conf file.

> /var/named/dev/syslog or somewhere else in the /var/named chroot'ed
> environment.  That's going to make it a lot harder to chase debugging

I am getting a little logging in /var/log/daemon.

> Let us know how it turns out,
> Aaron S. Joyner

Aaron and all,

Just for fun, I tried re-ordering the sections in my named.conf file,
putting the authoritative section before the recursive section, and all
of a sudden, things are working correctly!

Thanks for the help,
Brian