[TriLUG] defense against dictionary attacks?

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Mon Jun 28 22:30:47 EDT 2004

Aaron S. Joyner said the following on 6/25/04 11:35 PM:
\
> I suppose now that I'm a little more out of Rant mode, I'll restate it
> as, "be sure to test and compare your solution vs your problem".  :)
> Yes, the ability to write custom solutions like this is really the
> beauty of the open source software, and the open source philosophy.  Try
> even having this discussion on an M$ Exchange mailing list.  :)  I also
> didn't mean to say or imply that "a professional" would do a better job
> than "an amateur" at this solution, but simply that the solution itself
> warrants further consideration.

It always pays to look around, too, and see if someone else has already
written something to do what you want or at least something close that
you could modify to fit your needs.  That's another nice thing about
open source.  Not everything has to be "created here"(tm) since with
the source, you can adjust it to fit your needs. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner (catching up on e-mail after being gone over the weekend)