[TriLUG] OT: Mail Reader for Windows - for TriLUG mail

Glenn Hennessee hennesse at chemdept.chem.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 29 09:15:19 EDT 2004

It was just a shot. I have had Eudora not work with certain email systems.
(NCSU campus IMAP system is one. Some accounts will work fine with Eudora
and others won't. One time I call the campus support people and they tell
me that Eudora won't work with their system and the next time they say it
will and it does. SIGH.) Is this an IMAP account? I used to like Eudora a
lot but I am increasing disappointed in it for IMAP. For IMAP try Mozilla
or PC-Pine. I use PC-Pine at work. I have also seen problems with Eudora
and Symantec Corporate Antivirus where the entire email spool gets deleted
instead of just the bad message. It seems to be a rare occurance though.
Don't know whose actual problem it is--Eudora or Symantec.

glenn