[TriLUG] Dynamic DNS

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jun 30 14:43:53 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 12:18, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 22:51 -0500, Michael Sh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Go to http://www.dyndns.org and setup with them, they also have a list of updater applications for most platforms on their site...and you can set a "webhop" as well.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> +1 for dyndns.
>
> I use ddclient on a linux box on my lan to update them.

I use ddclient as well, with www.easydns.org.  The default set up is to
update every 15 days; I don't know of easyDNS has a similar requirement
that you update that often or not.  It has worked quite well so far,
although my IP address has not ever changed in the year that I've been
running it.    (Earthlink high-speed Internet through TWC cable.)  But
it successfully updates to the same thing every 15 days!  :-)

I also like the other DNS features available at easydns.org.  They'll
register domains for you too if you need that.

--Jeremy