[TriLUG] Is BellSouth DSL service better than Time Warner Cable connection

Jeff Tickle jtickle at jtsoft.net
Thu Jul 1 00:42:53 EDT 2004

I've been very satisfied with BS.  The only problem is in their
technical support... their reps are scripted of course and don't support
Linux.  Linux works just fine with the actual connection; I have a
smoothwall computer that works fine (if not better than the Windows
crap) with the modem, and outputs more useful error information when the
bad stuff occurs.

So while I can recommend them...  just remember that if you have to call
support for any reason, learn how to lie and pretend you're running
Windoze or they'll hang up on you.

Aaron Joyner already replied with the obligatory Intrex DSL plug.  I'm
considering moving to them from BS, because their support IS
Linux-friendly, plus all the TriLUG membership perks.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Tickle <jtickle at jtsoft.net>
JTSoft.net