[TriLUG] Recent Discussion - .NET open source

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Jul 2 07:09:03 EDT 2004

Marty Ferguson wrote:

> Just saw this on Google Sci/Tech - Mono 1.0 released.

> Marty

So does anyone have any experience to relate about duplicating the
traditional IIS/FrontPage hosting environment under Linux/Apache?  Any
experiences with chilisoft (which appears to now been picked up by Sun,
and doesn't / won't support ASP 3.0 / VB Objects?), MS's
Apache/FrontPage extensions or the "improved" fp plugin from SF, and
Mono (which should provide C# support, but does it do anything to
address asp integration or VB support?).  It's something I've considered
briefly at Intrex, to get rid of those "last few" 2k/2k3 boxes that I'd
like to get rid of, mostly due to the management headache.

Aaron S. Joyner