[TriLUG] PHP.... #@#@$!!

David Rasch rasch at raschnet.com
Thu Jul 8 16:24:03 EDT 2004

It's pretty likely that your php4 libs are oging to the wrong directory.
Plus, php is usually compiled as a DSO module (look into --with-apxs or
something like that [been a long time]) and needs to be compiled against
the respective apache source (FUN!).  Note, compiling PHP manually
sucks, i'd seriously look into doing the .spec method recommended by
Jason, particularly if you can find a way to automatically install the
build dependencies.  In apt-get for debian this is: "apt-get build-dep
php4", but I have no idea if this works with apt 4 RPM.

David