[TriLUG] Nextel Wireless Broadband

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Jul 9 14:08:01 EDT 2004

I was lucky enough to get on Nextel's trial, so I received a PCMCIA
card to access their wireless network.  It works fine under Windows
XP and 98, but I can not find drivers for Linux.  Nextel does not
support Linux (yet?), and I could not find anything on the web about
Linux support for Flarion chipsets.  I even tried ndiswrapper, thinking
that it might be similar enough to a WLAN card, but no...

Anyone hear of a way to get these little beasts to work under Linux?

Alan Porter