[TriLUG] help setting up Nextel BPL modem under Linux

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Jul 9 14:19:23 EDT 2004

Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

>On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
>

>>I think.  :)  Let us know how it works out.
>>

>did you find out what your dhcp client was? Is is from isc?
>
>thanks JOe

My DHCP client is the Darwin DHCP client - in short, I have no idea what
it was based on, but I don't believe it's the same as any thing you can
install and use in a standard Linux distribution.  I'd suspect it's
based on the dhcp client from FreeBSD 4.4 - but that's just a guess.  It
may be entirely new for all I know.  I did some digging around on the
PowerBook to see, but even then I was unable to find any documentation
for it, not to mention version info.  I can't even figure out how to
start it directly...

I would suggest applying the route command as you mentioned in  your
previous email as part of the DHCP ifup style script (implementations
vary depending on your dhcp server) - so that it's executed every time
that connection comes up.  That's probably your best bet, that I'm aware of.

Aaron S. Joyner