[TriLUG] remote-mount of cdrom

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 21:33:30 EDT 2004

Folks,

I'm trying to remotely mount a CD drive.  My first thought was to mount it in
home directory on remote server as ~/somecd/ and then use samba to mount it
on the local machine.  It works, except the directory containing the cd shows
up as empty.  On the remote end, the CD is readable.  A cruise through "man
smb.conf" didn't give me any clues.  What's the best way to do this?

It may suffice to just access the files, but it's a picky piece of software
that's protected against copying, so it may want direct drive access.  I'm
not sure what the difference is, but it's a Windows program running on
Transgaming's software.  FYI, the disk in question is one I forgot to bring
along with me on my month-long stay in NY, but I own it fair and square.

Thanks!

Michael