[TriLUG] Cheap supported Wireless PCMCIA card

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Jul 13 17:58:21 EDT 2004

Broadcom chipsets seem to be borgizing the planet. The big problem is that
card makers have changed the chipsets without changing the card model
numbers and broadcom is reluctant to release specs for driver writers nor
Linux drivers.

My laptop has a built in broadcom chipset wlan adapter. I've gotten it to
work with NDIS wrapper kinda, but ended up having to spend $20 with linuxant
for their driver loader as the most reliable solution. I'm still trying to
get several networks pre-configured so I can activate the connection based
on if I'm @work, or @home, or nomadic. Does anyone know of issues with
profiles when using a wrapper?

Dave S.