[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest Planning

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Tue Jul 13 18:00:11 EDT 2004

Greetings,

I was going to send this out yesterday, but between the power outage
in southern Durham and the fact that it took out my internet connection
for over four hours even after the power came back on, it didn't happen.
Anyway, Thanks to everyone that signed up to help at the swapfest
table this weekend.  I'll be posting a final schedule a little bit later,
but I wanted to do a little bit of planning for it now.

What we've traditionally done in the past is give out cd sets of
Fedora, Mandrake, and Knoppix and had computers on hand that
can burn copies there if we run out.  This time, I'd like to try
to add one more thing.  I'd like to have copies of AFU Knoppix
to give out too (http://www.afu-knoppix.de/) becuase it has all
the ham radio stuff built in too, and if possible, I'd like to
have a demonstation station there.  AFU Knoppix has stuff to
do soundmodem so if we can find a laptop or desktop that works,
we should be able to run a packet station at the table.

So, what I'd like to know is, who can bring what?  We need
some people to bring (and possibly burn first) copies of
Fedora, Mandrake and Knoppix.  I can work on Mandrake and AFU
Knoppix (I need to see if I can modify it to default to engish
instead of german!).  Who can bring machines to act as burners?
Aaron, is there any chance of getting those spiffy LCDs you
brought to the RARSfest? O:-)  We also need a 50 foot extension
cord and I think I can bring that.  Who's got the trilug
table signs?  Do we want to print up some card/brocures about
trilug to hand out?  What else?

Finally, I'd like to see if the people volunteering for the
swapfest can get together sometime, possibly for lunch, so
that we can go over stuff and make sure we're all on the same
page.  Can the people that volunteered make it to Crazy Fire
in Cary on Friday at around noon?

Please comment and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Tanner Lovelace
KB4TYE