[TriLUG] SSH denying access from specific IP

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 21:02:48 EDT 2004

I have a problem accessing specific server.  I have couple hosts on my
network running ssh on various ports.  If I try to ssh into my favorite
host it times out, however if I try another host on the network it works
fine.  On a secoond note, if I try to access my network from a different
IP I have no problems accessing any host om my network.

I have cleaned out my ssh_known files and there are no firewalls running
on the host in question.

[cgb at arby cgb]$ ssh $host -p 66666 -v
OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090703f
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug1: Connecting to $host [IP address] port 66666.
debug1: connect to address 65.40.234.60 port 66666: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host $host port 66666: Connection timed out
[cgb at arby cgb]$

No I am not trying to use port 66666.  Does anyone think maybe my ISP is
blocking certain outgoing port numbers?

--chris

=====
Chris Bullock