[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest Planning

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Tue Jul 13 22:18:16 EDT 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Cool.  How much space do you have on the disk?  I can bring a set
> of discs that we can pull isos off of (or, alternatively, I can
> burn them to a DVD).

Plenty.  Have 2 60s and a 40 in there.  I can set them up to download if
we list which ones we need.  Got a cable modem and I'm not afraid to use
it.  I've got Knoppix 3.4, and can easily get FC 2.  I don't have a
source for Mandrake ISOs though (I installed via FTP).  Torrent links
preferred.

> Sure we can work that out.  Can you come to Crazy Fire on Friday?
> BTW, if you're planning on coming to CF on Friday, please rsvp me
> off-list so I can get the appropriate sized table.  Anyone who wants
> to come, even if you're not working the swapfest, is welcome, but just
> be willing to contribute to the discussion. :-)

Probably won't be making CF.  Friday will be busy.

> I can bring a set of speakers.

Cool.  Hope you like Backstreet Boys!  :)  I'll need some help fixing my
mozilla to actually handle m3u files properly, and perhaps fix a crash
when reloading playlists, but that's minor stuff.

I can also bring a digital camera to show off that kind of thing.

Joseph