[TriLUG] Mail ???

Hugh Crissman hsc-linux at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 06:51:42 EDT 2004

I am running FC2. I am using evolution as my mail reader under X. All is
good with that. But, I would also like to ssh into my box and read my
mail with mutt. When I launch mutt it says no ~/mail directory exists,
so I let it create one and it proceeds to an empty mutt interface. I am
trying to vies the same mail and as I view when I am local and using
evolution. What I am missing? I have googled around and read about
mutt's .muttrc and postfix's main.cf (postfix is my MTA) config files
but I am not sure I am on the right track. At this point I do not want
to run a mail server, I just want to be able to ssh in and read, send,
and receive just like when I am local using X and evolution. Thanks in
advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Hugh Crissman