[TriLUG] Mail ???

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Wed Jul 14 23:46:50 EDT 2004

just trying to follow the minimalistic unix approach :-)

postfix is not what you need.  fetchmail will, uh, fetch mail from the
pop account and save it somewhere (mbox, maildir, whatever).  then your
mail client can read it.  i'm pretty sure you can set fetchmail to send
messages thru procmail, which can invoke spamassassin and do sorting,
etc.  i haven't used fetchmail much lately but there are plenty of docs
out there.

jason