[TriLUG] Converting Unix mailboxes to Outlook pst format: batch mode

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Sat Jul 17 08:26:47 EDT 2004

There is a tool for Windows, kind of like an automated clicker of
buttons, called autoit, but if the screen resolution is different, or a
window doesn't come to the top at the right time it fails.

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 20:00, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Depending on the version of Outlook you are using, you can do all the
> conversions on one machine, share out that mail folder, go to the client
> box and import their particular mailbox.  Might be faster.
>
> Automating mundane windows tasks is not one of my specialties (thank
> god!), though in the long ago I did use a "recording" device that turned
> my keystrokes (and mouse clicks) into a macro that I could export from
> machine to machine.
>
> If I were you, I would simply print up a fool proof web-page showing
> folks what to do, make the imap mailboxes Read-only, and then turn the
> users loose onto the task.  Then you only have to help the execs and
> Lusers that can't follow basic written instructions to do easy tasks.
>
> You'll also have to log who accesses which files - and let folks know
> you are doing that...
>
> Alternately, you could turn an intern loose onto the job. Repetitive,
> boring, mundane tasks are their tofu and potatoes.
>
> Good Luck - Jon
>
> On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 18:06, Glen Ford wrote:
> > Glen Ford wrote:

> > > Jon,
> > >
> > >    You were right, it did work like a charm. Thank you very much !
> > >
> > > /glen
> > >

> > Anyway to automate(batch) the setting up of the Outlook accounts?
> >  I am getting tired of doing it manually.
> >

> > I to keep the one-to-one relationship between a mbox and its outlook pst
> > file.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > /glen

If you never see anything that offends you, you aren't living in a free
society

Kim Campbell - Former Canadian Prime Minister