[TriLUG] Did you buy an APC UPS at the Cary Hamfest?

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 18 22:04:07 EDT 2004

There was a guy outside under the parking deck selling APC Back-UPS 350 CS
UPS'es for $25 new in the box.  Which set off the 'too good to be true'
detector a bit, but I decided to gamble 25 bucks.

When I got it home, it looked great.  Everything in new condition, although
the test printout showed that it was from 2002.  So the battery is a little
old, who cares for $25?  And it worked fine.

But something kept nagging at me...wasn't there some sort of issue with APC
about two years ago?  Some sort of recall?

Yes.

http://www.apcc.com/rely/?isoCountryCode=us

This unit is a fire hazard.  If you bought one, check it's serial number
info against the page above.  If it matches, stop using it and remove the
battery.

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net