[TriLUG] Linux Job Openings (Located in Maryland)

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Wed Jul 21 17:10:54 EDT 2004

My current employer is looking to fill several Linux related positions
dealing with computer/network security and SELinux.  See below for more
details:

------------------------------

Linux job openings

Tresys Technology, LLC is a small computer security consulting company
based in Columbia, Maryland. A large part of our work is developing
kernel enhancements, user land applications, management and analysis
tools, and policies for Security Enhanced Linux. We currently have
several openings that are described below. We invite all qualified and
interested persons to apply. Please send your resume to jobs at tresys.com.

SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Tresys Technology is seeking several outstanding and highly motivated
software engineers (one to four years of experience; recent graduates
considered) interested in applying software analysis, design, and
implementation skills to developing computer security related software.
These positions are specifically for developing open source tools and
applications related to Security Enhanced Linux (SE Linux).

Applicants should have strong skills throughout the software development
lifecycle, requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing.
Linux system experience as well as familiarity with the kernel is highly
desired. Candidates should also have strong C programming skills.
Experience with scripting languages, graphical interface libraries and
Linux system utilities is also a plus. A BS in computer science,
electrical engineering, or related field is required. U.S. citizenship
is required. U.S. government security clearances are preferred, but not
mandatory.

Tresys has a casual work environment, with an emphasis on employee
morale and customer satisfaction. We have a generous benefits program
that includes a minimum of 3 weeks vacation to start, holidays,
excellent health benefits, 401K and profit sharing plans, bonuses, and
more.

If interested please send resume to jobs at tresys.com.

SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Tresys Technology is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated
mid-level software engineer (four to eight years of experience)
interested in applying software analysis, design, and implementation
skills to developing computer security related software. This position
is specifically for developing open source tools and applications
related to Security Enhanced Linux (SE Linux).

Applicants should have strong skills throughout the software development
lifecycle, requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing.
The position requires the ability to guide and lead a small team of
junior developers as well as develop new and innovative solutions to
difficult problems. Linux system experience as well as familiarity with
the kernel is highly desired. Candidates should also have strong C
programming skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally
and in writing.

A minimum of a BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or
related field is strongly desired and a MS is preferred. Candidates with
strong related work experience will also be considered. U.S. citizenship
is required. U.S. government security clearances are preferred, but not
mandatory.

Tresys has a casual work environment, with an emphasis on employee
morale and customer satisfaction. We have a generous benefits program
that includes a minimum of 3 weeks vacation to start, holidays,
excellent health benefits, 401K and profit sharing plans, bonuses, and
more.

If interested please send resume to jobs at tresys.com.

ANALYST

Tresys Technology is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated
computer analyst (three to eight years of experience) interested in
applying software analysis, design, and implementation skills to
developing and analyzing computer security related software and
associated policies. We are looking for an individual interested in
developing and analyzing security policies for Security Enhanced Linux
(SE Linux). The work would also involve system architecture design,
analysis, and testing.

Applicants should have strong written and verbal communications and
analytical skills . Familiarity with Linux, SE Linux, type enforcement,
and computer security in general is a plus. A BS in computer science,
electrical engineering, or related field is preferred. Candidates with

--
David A. Cafaro <dcafaro at tresys.com>
Tresys Technology, LLC | 8840 Stanford Blvd. Suite 2100