[TriLUG] RHAS---300gig?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jul 22 11:09:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:52, dsandif wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded to my query (esp. you Jeremy, Konppix is cool!). Final
> resolution though was to get a controller card and use its BIOS to see the drives
> (which by the way the OS can only see up to 286 Gigs each, so much for a true 300
> Gig HD!) thxs again!

To give credit where credit is due, Jason Tower was the one who
suggested Knoppix.  But I agree it's cool and I would have suggested
this too expect he beat me to it.    However, if you'll read the rest of
this thread you will see that the OS only seeing "286 Gigs" vs "300 Gig"
is due to using different units.  :-)  It's fully expected, and a way to
minimize confusing would be to use the GiB unit designator instead (read
my post.)

--Jeremy