[TriLUG] Installation question

Myrhillion lug at blackwizard.net
Sun Jul 25 17:42:46 EDT 2004

Christopher let me know how it went..

I'm also using a sony,  PCG-C1VP.
I did the same, usb floppy, net install of debian (sarge, if I remember
right).
It takes forever to start up X though.  I know it probably just needs
tweaking.

It's got some other quirks too, still debating putting another distro on
it.  I'd like to try Suse.

The biggest problem I have is the battery I bought for it is already
dead and won't take any further charge.
I had to replace it as the one that was in it when it was "handmedowned"
from my step-dad (pilot, likes mobile comps)
was quite dead as well.  Starting to wonder if there isn't something
screwy with it because of this.