[TriLUG] Linksys Wireless Access Points

burnett at pobox.com burnett at pobox.com
Mon Jul 26 11:07:32 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> I've pretty much had it with LinkSys WAP11s. I've had 3, they need power
> cycling about every day to unhang them and then they die permanently.
>
> How much money to you have to spend for a SOHO style WAP that will stay up
> for months, years?
>
> Thanks Joe

I've had only one problem ever with Apple Airport Base Stations: a
production run of the first design had overheating problems that caused it
to die early (meaning about a year after the one-year manufacturer's
warranty ran out). Apple replaced mine at no cost out of warranty. The
original was completely reliable until it fried, the replacment (for
longer than the original lasted) and the additional later design Airport
Base Station has been completely and transparently reliable since. Just a
suggestion.

badger at trilug