[TriLUG] OT: cellphone companies in Raleigh area

John Broome john at jbroome.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 27 12:22:19 EDT 2004

Mike Fieschko wrote:

> Good afternoon,

> I'm moving from New Jersey to the Raleigh area.  Right now I have AT&T
> wireless telephone service.  What are listmembers' experiences, good and
> bad, with wireless telephone companies in the area?  I need a basic
> package, but no roaming (family in New Bern).
>
> Off-list replies might annoy others less.

It's marked OT, so that's good enough for me.  AT&T wireless has a
presence down here so if you are happy with your service, maybe you can
get a local (to 919) phone number.

I've had sprintpcs for a looong time and have been pretty happy with
them.  I'll probably stick with them until T-mobile decides to offer
local service here.