[TriLUG] OT: cellphone companies in Raleigh area

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Jul 27 13:49:33 EDT 2004

Mike Fieschko wrote:

>Good afternoon,
>
>Apologies if this off-topic post runs afoul of list rules.  (Didn't get
>any rules with the sub confirmation back in June, and didn't see any on
>the lug site.)
>
>I'm moving from New Jersey to the Raleigh area.  Right now I have AT&T
>wireless telephone service.  What are listmembers' experiences, good and
>bad, with wireless telephone companies in the area?  I need a basic
>package, but no roaming (family in New Bern).
>
>Off-list replies might annoy others less.

I've had Cingular service since it was BellSouth service.  I was a
BellSouth Charter Member, and still have my funky old blue SIM card to
prove it.  :)  Generally, I've been extremely happy with Cingular in the
Carolinas over the past 6-7 years.  The coverage is great, the packages
are usually great (they used to be phenomenal - I still have a plan that
I've had for 4+ years because it's that good), and there are nice extras
like really-cheap (or free) mobile<->mobile calls, Circuit Switched Data
services (so you can terminate a data call at your phone via a laptop),
and numerous other goodies.

Generally, I'm a happy customer.
Aaron S. Joyner