[TriLUG] OT: QuickBooks ODBC

Stan B. Briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Thu Jul 29 12:25:49 EDT 2004

brian,

i never put any of this code into production. i was able to use the
sdktest.exe and the samples in the xml samples directory to read and
write data but the whole thing was just too cludgy. typical (in my
humble opinion) of the kind of thing that intuit would do so that they
can say that they have an API.

i never was able to do anything that even closely resembled accessing
from a remote machine or from a different OS platform.

note 1:
let me know if you have any successes with this effort. i still use
quickbooks and would be interested to know if anything that resembled a
true API was out there for the product.
note 2:
have you tried any of the more open source accounting products
(sql-ledger and gnucash come to mind).

stan